3/26/2010

The Back Up

Last month, I posted a list of some of the dumbest inventions on the market. Unironically, many of these products were originally marketed via television Infomercials. A short time after that post, I saw another infomercial that I figured should have been mentioned within that post.

The Back Up is a device that you place between your mattress and boxspring, which adds two hooks to the side of your bed, giving you a place to store your shotgun. According to the website, 70% of people consider their shotgun as a form of home protection. Thus, the Back Up Plan is way to stay safe in the case of a home invasion while you sleep.

I understand its purpose, but I think this is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever seen. This is clearly the kind of product that would be popular in the South. It’s the bedside equivalent of having a gun rack in a pick up truck. I mean, really? A shotgun attached to my bed? What kinds of accidents does this thing create?

But seeing the Back Up got me to thinking. What other ways can it be used? It seems like a handy device, but since I don’t own a shotgun, I can’t really relate to it. I’ve listed here a selection of other products that can be used with the Back Up.

What if you wake up in the middle of the night with a joke in mind? Well, worry no more. Now, your humor props are always on hand.







Do you get hungry in the middle of the night? Are you 700 pounds and bed ridden? Then the Back Up is our solution.








How about some hot, on-the-spot, lesbian action? Here ya go!







So I guess the Back Up does have some practical uses. I just feel that the creators are not marketing it correctly. If they through some of these uses into their advertising, I can guarantee that they will sell so many more units.

Think they will offer me a job for this?

3 comments:

  1. This is just stupid and someone is going to either set it off by accident or someone is going to break into their house and use it against them. Seriously, thats an idiot thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wrong Dude. This is an awesome idea. In the event of a break-in, you dont have to jump out of bed and run and get your shotgun. Its almost immediately in your hands. Likewise, with one click of a trigger-side safety, as you the weapon is brought about, renders it armed from the "on safe" state. They even make small ones for pistols. Your should reconsider...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wrong Dude. This is an awesome idea. In the event of a break-in, you dont have to jump out of bed and run and get your shotgun. Its almost immediately in your hands. Likewise, with one click of a trigger-side safety, as you the weapon is brought about, renders it armed from the "on safe" state. They even make small ones for pistols. Your should reconsider...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...