10/11/2011

The Avengers Official Theatrical Trailer

The wanton destruction of the streets of New York. Breathtaking views of the city from the air. Captain America with an uzi. All of these things define the official theatrical trailer for The Avengers, Marvel’s next blockbuster.


I really don’t know where to start with this trailer. Since I’ve been stoked about this movie since Iron Man hit theaters back in 2008, to see the trailer and realizing that it’s almost upon us is absolutely amazing.

Jeremy Renner looks awesome as Hawkeye. Mark Ruffalo, I think, will make a great Bruce Banner. And Scarlett Johansson…I hope the trailer portrays her character as it will be in the movie; a quiet but dangerous super-spy/fighter. While I am disappointed that the trailer lacked any footage of Cobie Smulders as Maria Hill, I’ll get over it based on everything else I was given. (Yes, I am pretending that this trailer was made just for me. Because it was.)

There is no doubt in my mind that The Avengers will be fantastic. My only problem is that I have to wait 7 months before I can see the goddamn thing. Stupid passage of time. May 4th cannot come quickly enough.


The Avengers character posters make one awesome diarama.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...