10/10/2011

Bad-Ass Pumpkin Line-Up 2011

It's October again, and with Halloween right around the corner, I've decided to make the Bad-Ass Pumpkin Line-Up an annual thing here at Caution: Idiot At Play. If you missed the first installment of BAPLU, you can revisit it here. If you have, or just don't give a shit to dwell on the past, then may the Pumpkin Games begin!

Mad Scientist
Comic book artist Ray Dillon posted on his website a breakdown of how his Mad Scientist art was turned into a pumpkin. It must be cool to learn that, as an artist, someone found your art so striking that they would take the time to carve it into a large gourd. Good on Ray for reaching that status.
Tony Higgenbotham













Pokemon
When I first started my search, I didn't think I'd turn up any results on Pokemon-themed pumpkins. In my broad search, I found one. When I searched for "Pokemon jack o lantern", I got flooded with responses. Here are some of the best.
Koffing

Charizard
Ho-Oh and Lugia











Espeon and Umbreon



Spider-Man
Wow. The amount of detail in this pumpkin is staggering. Doing all of those webs would drive me absolutely nuts. But I'm certainly glad someone has the patience for it, otherwise the world would be denied this awesome Jack-o-Lantern.
Spider-Man












Doctor Who
It's kinda hard to hold onto Geek cred and not be a fan of Doctor Who. So far, I've been doing OK, but my fiancee has been breaking my resolve lately (don't tell her, please). Anyway, here's two Doctor Who themed pumpkin and BONUS! Each of the websites link gives directions and/or a template to create your own. YOU'RE WELCOME!
David Tennant
Dalek














Harry Potter
Finally, two Harry Potter designs. One realistic, one minimalistic. Both pretty cool.
Harry Potter
Harry Minimalism













My fiancee and I just went pumpkin picking yesterday, so we have two virgin pumpkins waiting to be sliced up. Granted, whatever we make will be no where near the quality of these pumpkins, but we have fun with it. Once our designs are complete, you can expect to see the finished product here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...