7/29/2016

What's In The Box? episode 9: OwlCrate's "Good vs Evil"

Well, I had a hell of a busy week. After coming home from work the other day to find two boxes stacked outside my door, I knew that there would be much to do. I'm just shocked I got it done so quickly.

If you missed it, the other day I posted the unboxing video for the July Dinosaur Dracula Funpack.

Which brings us to today...

The Nerdy Pumpkin and I have been getting OwlCrate for a few months and last month I showed you the June "Royalty" box. But this month's OwlCrate, themed "Good vs Evil", was unique in the sense that subscribers would get one of two boxes; one of them was all about Good while the other about Evil.

So which did I get?



The Evil box, which is right up my alley. I was pretty happy with it, too. Here's a few closeups of the items. (Again, apologies for the crappy photos.)

If you want your own Dementor, swing by Amazon.
They have a ton of cool stuff in their Etsy store.
Also worth checking out Jane's Tiny Things on Etsy, too.

Also, I need to pause here to point how my misrepresentation of the quote on the sticker. While I thought that it was from the movie Gladiator (which it is so I'm technically not wrong), given the context of OwlCrate, it's actually from a book called "Illuminae" by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff. So there's that.

Sounds like a book I can get into.
Never got a coloring book from a subscription box. I'm pleased.
I dug the evil box. It had some really cool stuff and "This Savage Song" seems interesting. But now I'm curious as to what was in the "Good" box. If you're an OwlCrate subscriber and you got Good, show me your swag! You can hit me up on Twitter or Instagram, or even drop a pic on the Facebook page.

Also, if you like what you see and want the OwlCrate for yourself, head over to their site.

(Oh, and that shirt I'm wearing in the video? I got that from a "The Legend of Zelda: Symphony Of The Goddesses" orchestral concert I went to a few years ago. Funny story about it. I was second from the front on line at the merch booth and the people in front of me were so occupied with their conversation that the lady at the booth waved me up and sold me the last shirt. When the people (who were) in front of me walked up to the other lady at the booth, she had to break the news to them that the shirts were all gone. Sucks, huh? Anyway, I posted a few pics and a short video from the event here if you want to check it out.)

Thanks again for watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...