4/23/2009

Movie news...

So two new updates came through the Twitter wire this morning from Geektyrant.com, and both of them are very exciting.

First up, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles will be back on the big screen. In 2011. In live-action mode. (You can read about it here.)

So awesome. Having grown up on TMNT, anything that they do I absolutely fall in love with. I remember going to see the first movie after school with a couple of my friends and I saw blown away by it, even when I had no idea what the phrase "blown away" even meant. And I couldn't be more excited that it is going to be live-action. Don't get me wrong. I loved the CG movie from a few years ago, and I thought the comic book tie ins that they had was a stroke of genius. But, in my mind, nothing beats live action.

News number 2: casting continues on Michael Bay's remake of A Nightmare on Elm Street, and they have finally cast Nancy. An unknown actress named Rooney Mara won the role.

I hadn't heard too much about this move until two weeks ago when they announced that Jackie Earle Haley will be playing Freddy. After seeing Watchmen, I can definitely get behind this casting. Haley played a great psycho as Rorschach, and I can't wait to see him as Freddy.

Even though this is a remake, I would see this film. Michael Bay has gained a little more respect from me after what he did with transformers, so I would like to see his take on Elm Street.
Thanks to Geektyrant for this news.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...