4/29/2009

Three Stars for Wolverine


Check out the New York Post today for a review of X-Men Origins: Wolverine. I must admit that I was a little surprised that it got a 3 star rating.

When I first saw the trailer for Wolverine, even though I was excited as hell, I was a little skeptical. There was so much action and so much going on that I was worried it would be completely plotless. But after reading the review, my fears were slightly assuaged. The review gives a succinct plot synopsis (don't read if you want no spoilers) and it sounds pretty solid. The relationship between Wolverine and Sabretooth is fleshed out a bit, which sort of makes me happy.

Needless to say, I am overly excited about this movie. But I'm afraid that I will still be disappointed. This has happened before. When the first Fantastic Four movie came out, I realy didn't give a shit about it, because I expected nothing. After I saw it, I loved it, even though I think I was the only one. When they announced a second FF movie, I got super psyched and couldn't wait to see it, and was highly let down by the steamy pile of turd that it was.

I'm just afraid of being let down by Wolverine.

Marvel's track record for movies has been great, with a few exceptions (I'm looking at you Elektra and Ghost Rider). So I guess I shouldn't be too worried. And I doubt Marvel will allow their cash cow to be half-assed just for the sake of making a movie.

Anyway, if you want to read the review, go here. I'll definitely be seeing this on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...