6/25/2009

The Death of Michael Jackson.

You may have heard by now that Michael Jackson has died this afternoon at the age of 50. He was rushed to the hospital in Los Angeles for breathing trouble, slipped into a coma, and at 3:15 PM PST was pronounced dead by hospital doctors. The news was first reported by TMZ, although prematurely, and eventually was confirmed by the LA Times. The world is in mourning now as many people have trouble believing the passing of such a well known pop idol.

I have to say that I'm torn on the issue of mourning. Michael Jackson was a talented singer. His days in the Jackson Five, as well as his numerous number one singles, cemented him as the 'King of Pop.' To this day, whenever I hear the song 'Bad,' I think about my elementary school days and hanging out with my best friend at the time. Michael Jackson's music has touched a lot of people.

But then he got weird. Like, really weird. The allegations of sexual assault against children estroyed his reputation in my eyes. Though he was found not guilty on all charges, you have to wonder about all of the allegations against him. Wikipedia has a full history of the charges and trial against Michael Jackson, and some of the shit in there is just wrong. One man claimed that Jackson touched his crotch through his shorts twice when he was young, and once touched his testicles. Then he gave the boy $200 so he wouldn't tell his mother. Jackson later paid the family a total of $2,000,000 to settle the case. I have to ask this question; who gives someone 2 million dollars to settle a case if that person is innocent of the charges? No sane person, I'll tell you that.

This is the kind of thing that has made me wonder about him for years. Michael Jackson has been an anti-role model since the early nineties. His constant plastic surgeries. The agoraphobia. Hanging his one child over a balcony. The man was completely unstable.

I am sorry that Michael Jackson died at an early age. Fifty is young and he should have had more years ahead of him. But I still have trouble mourning the passing of a man who could have been a child molester. I will never know for certain if the molestation charges against him were true or not. If they were true, no harm can befall another child at his hands.

Though I do feel sorry for his children. Prince Michael I, Paris Michael, and Prince Michael II? This alone is proof that he was twisted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...