6/10/2009

This is beautiful...

I don't remember where I saw the link to Sideshow Collectibles' website, but I did and stumbled upon this beauty.

As you can probably tell by now, I am a huge fan of the X-Men. I never really paid too much attention to X-23 after she debuted on 'X-Men Evolution' but when she became a regular character in New X-Men: Academy X, she really caught my eye. Laura has proven herself to be a true badass, as chronicled by her adventures in Wolverine's X-Force. This Comiquette pays perfect homage to the Lovely Lady Logan.

You can check out more specs on the statue here. I would love to purchase this, as it would go perfectly with my other pieces of Marvel art in my living room, but there are two things working against me. Number 1: from what I can tell, the piece is sold out. At least, that's what I gather from Sideshow's site. Number 2: the price tag is a little out of my range. Don't get me wrong; two hundred bucks for this masterpiece is well worth it. Unfortunately, my pockets are a little light, and until the US Government starts allowing citizens to sell internal organs, that won't be changing anytime soon. So, until I hit the lottery, or that bank heist I'm planning comes to fruition, I'll just have to placate myself with looking at the pictures.

But this brings up another dilemma. Just the other day it was pointed out to me that Sideshow had crafted a statue of Emma Frost, based on the art of J. Scott Campbell. The problem? I fell in love with this one also. But again, that whole money thing gets in the way. Two hundred and fifty bucks? Definitely worth it, but out of my league.

I really need to do something to hit the big time. I am a true collector at heart; I save damn near everything. And when I see something that I want, it is the hardest thing in the world to deny myself. However, with my financial woes, I need to curb my spending. If that means I have to do without these two gorgeous statues, then that's what it means.

At least I'm artistic. Maybe I'll invest in some materials and sculpt these ladies myself. They won't come out exactly, but at least it's something. And it will help me pass the time, instead of watching the same shitty movies on HBO all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...