5/07/2009

God bless YouTube.

I don't know what made me think about it but earlier today I told a co-worker that I missed the Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling, or G.L.O.W., from way back in 1986. After I had said this, Mister Co-Worker told me that he saw a few of the clips on YouTube.

How had I not thought of that?

I immediately rushed to a computer and called up the webpage. I typed "gorgeous ladies of wrestling" into the search box, and lo and behold, I was treated to a number of video clips featuring my treasured lady wrestlers.

I don't even know why I like this so much. After watching a couple of the clips I can tell how bad the production values are. Most of the time it looks like they are wrestling in a high school gym (which they probably are).

But I have such fond memories of the league. I used to watch it when I was six years old. I would wake up early on Saturday mornings and park my ass in front of the television. I was fixated on the girls in small clothing rolling around on the floor, pulling each other's hair.

I guess my fascination with women and wrestling should have been a portent of things to come.

I think YouTube my have ruined the memories for me, now that I am able to see the production for what it really is. But at least I can relive a portion of my childhood that I once thought was lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...