5/19/2009

Just avoided a near catastrophe.

Having the day off always makes me want to grab my laptop, head to a Barnes and Noble or Panera, and do a little work. Why be cooped up in the house when I can get out, right? So, this is exactly what I did.

As I enter the Barnes and Noble, I realize that I left my cell phone in the car. I go out to get it and discover that I have a flat tire.

Just what I needed.

Dramatization.


I grab the donut and the jack from the truck and spend the next half hour changing the tire. Halfway through I realize that I am across the street from an auto body shop that I trust. After I get the donut on, I throw the flat in the trunk and drive over there, dreading the amount of a new tire.

I tell the guy the problem and he asks if I can leave the car. Sure, no problem. I'm literally two blocks from the Panera, so I leave him my key, grab my laptop and head out.

He calls me a little while later saying that there was a nail in the tire, they patched it up, and I'm ready to go.

I walk back to the shop and discover that I only have to pay $20 for the whole thing. No new tire. No hidden shop fees. Nothing.

I guess, in the end, I made a bigger deal about the whole thing than it actually was. But, with the way my life was going, I saw this as the topper on the cake. I was about to have a good day when I saw that flat. Just my life.

Anyway, I think I need to start thinking more positively. Never having done this, however, puts me at a major disadvantage. How does one think positive when very little positive happens in one's life?

This is my new challenge. I am going to change my attitude. It may take awhile, but what other choice do I have?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...